Thursday, February 20, 2014

Set up the Swimming Pool

 
I remember when I was a kid helping to Set up the Swimming Pool.   We would drain the water & start scrubbing the side’s as the water went out.  Sometimes we used a water/bleach mixer, other times we used Simple Green to clean the sides.  Of course when we would start draining the pool we could reach over the side’s & scrub.  But as the water went down we would have to get in the pool with the nasty water that was in the bottom.  If you weren’t careful you would slip & fall into the green/blackish water.  So nasty it wasn’t funny.  As a kid I wonder isn’t there a better way to Set up the Swimming Pool? 

But year after year we would drain the water at the start of summer & clean it then replace with new clean water.  I loved to swim but this was not the funniest part of Setting up the Swimming Pool.

Now I’m an adult & have purchased my own pool, my husband & I have owned a couple of different kinds of pools. The first pool we got was the kind where you put air in the top ring & fill with water.  So the Set up for the Swimming Pool was easy for that first time.  But I thought why not when we are ready to close the pool for the winter, just drain the water dry the side’s & store the pool out of the weather.   So that is exactly what we did.  We did this same thing for a few years, then something chewed a huge hole in the pool which we didn’t find till we went to Set up the Swimming Pool for the Summer.

So we had to buy another pool.  This pool is one with the round while poles that connect together with T’s.  Setting up this Swimming Pool is very simple also.  My son & I are able to Set up the Swimming Pool in a afternoon. 

When it comes to closing the pool for the winter, I still dry the liner & take the pool down.  In my opinion  the tear down & Set up of the Pool is still so much easier than cleaning the pool with all that green/blackish stuff on it.

My parents still clean off that nasty stuff when it comes time to Set up the Swimming Pool.  Of course they also have a bigger pool now than when I was a kid.  But looking back I wish we had taken the pool down for the winter & then Set up the Swimming Pool ever year without having to clean it first.

You might think it takes more time to dry the pool & take it down & then Set up the Swimming Pool each year.  But you would be wrong, we spend less time taking it down & then putting it back up, than I ever spent as a kid cleaning the pool.  Cleaning the pool was a all day job & then it took over night to fill the pool & most of the next day.  But now we get the pool setup in a few hours & the pool is filled by morning. 

My parents still clean off that nasty stuff when it comes time to Set up the Swimming Pool.  Of course they also have a bigger pool now than when I was a kid.  But looking back I wish we had taken the pool down for the winter & then Set up the Swimming Pool ever year without having to clean it first.

You might think it takes more time to dry the pool & take it down & then Set up the Swimming Pool each year.  But you would be wrong, we spend less time taking it down & then putting it back up, than I ever spent as a kid cleaning the pool.  Cleaning the pool was a all day job & then it took over night to fill the pool & most of the next day.  But now we get the pool setup in a few hours & the pool is filled by morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment